One of the many reasons I love essential oils is that you can do SO much with them! They are very versatile and extremely safe. I especially love how I can CLEAN my house with them in an all-natural way, avoiding all of the nasty toxins found in the large majority of commercial cleaners. You can makeover your cleaning cabinet, too, and experience how simple it is to have a green, clean home.
We’ll be featuring LOTS of cleaning recipes coming up, so stay tuned! In the meantime, here’s a few of the main staples to use to makeover your medicine cabinet naturally:
- Essential Oils – Kill bacteria, germs, fungi, and mold.
- Baking Soda – Scrubs, whitens, deodorizes and cuts grease.
- Liquid Castille Soap – Vegetable-based soap commonly found in health food stores (Dr. Bronner’s is a popular brand for unscented).
- Vinegar – Kills germs, cuts grease, deodorizes, and dissolves mineral deposits.
- Borax – Disinfectant. Kills germs, bacteria, fungi, and deodorizes.
Check out this great article from doTERRA going in-depth on each one of these cleaning staples, especially highlighting all the amazing essential oils that work great for cleaning, such as cypress, eucalyptus, lavender, lemon, lime, marjoram, melaleuca, peppermint, and SO many more.
I’ve found that when I use these natural cleaners, I get MUCH better results than I ever did with my commercial cleaners. I also had never noticed the yucky film all my commercial cleaners left behind after use. Now, no film and my cleaners are so pure that I even feel great about my children helping out with the cleaning. It’s awesome!